Having an indoor garden is unique as well as an environment-friendly way to enhance the living room and if you have a space issue then opt for an indoor vertical garden. Vertical gardening is popular nowadays as many homeowners not only find it as an excellent way to grow plants in a limited space, but it also provides a unique way to display their plants.
How Do You Make An Indoor Garden?
There are several ways to make an indoor garden with special trays and contraptions depending on your desired result. Keep in mind that the structure should be able to allow air to circulate over or through the wall. If you want to set up an Indoor vertical garden in your home, then here are some tips that you can follow to make it top-notch.
To build an indoor vertical garden, you will need to:
1. Decide What Kind Of Plants You Want To Grow– Make sure that you have enough light for the plants that you choose. A room with a large open window is ideal for most plants. Grow lights can be used to supplement sunlight if needed. Choose a design that will work best for your space and your needs. There are many options to choose from, from wall mounted pot holders, with self-watering system stackable.
2. Consider Where To Place Your Vertical Garden– The good thing about a vertical garden is that you can put it indoors or outdoors. The plantation of your vertical garden will depend on the kind of plants you prefer. You should place them outdoors or indoor according to plants requirements.
3. Figure Out A Design Plan For Your Garden– Your garden does not have to be potted plants lined up on a table because you can be creative with the design of the room. You can commission a special rack that can hold all your plants are tiered and your plan may also include an irrigation system powered by gravity.
4. Choose Good Soil For Your Indoor Plants – Choosing the right planting medium is of extreme importance. Buying a fairly loose mixture to drain and at the same time containing organic matter to retain nutrients and moisture. You can also lookup tips and create your mix.
5. Irrigation System And Fertilizer Injector– Irrigation system will provide your plants with water through the fabric, keeping them healthy and green all year round. And a fertilizer injector will feed your plants regularly, which will save you lots of time.
What Can You Grow in an Indoor Garden?
• Tropical Plants: The idea of using bromeliads, grass and even large-leaved plants such as elephant ears to cover the entire wall space.
• Ferns– Ferns another preferred garden plants for adaptation and moisture resistant. As these plants are easy to grow and they cover the area quickly.
• Herbs And Vegetables: Vertical garden allows the cook to grow their food. An indoor applications popular kitchen herb garden is vertical instead of photos on the walls.
• Air Plants: Till and sia air plants, cascading greenery or flowers like Creeping phlox, Lantana, trailing Impatiens and verbena make beautiful green and flowering walls.
There are no limitations to what you can grow, growing a garden inside your home takes some effort, but sometimes that is your best option.
We at The Conservatory Bentleigh are proud to offer garden designs in Melbourne crafted to suit your preferences. Call Now for your garden needs 0395575702